Axis Free Training CourseDo you work with survivors of sexual abuse? Might you, but don’t realise? 1 in 4 women and 1 in 20 men have been raped or sexually assaulted as an adult, and 1 in 6 Children have been sexually abused. Would you know how to respond if someone disclosed sexual abuse to you? This course will introduce you to some of the following areas: which will support you in your professional and personal life.
Introduction to sexual violence/abuse
Aim of the course
- Identify a clear definition of “Sexual violence/abuse”.
- Explain what the role of an ISVA is in relation to victims/survivors of sexual violence/abuse.
- Be able to dispel some of the myths around sexual violence/abuse.
- Identify the impact of sexual violence/abuse on the victim and their family.
- Understand the definition of consent.
- Identify the signs of sexual abuse.
- Understand the importance of communicating and responding to concerns of sexual violence/abuse.
- Be able to explain the does and don’ts when interacting with victims of
Our introductory course is a free 3-hour session, delivered face to face, we can come to your organisation, or y
ou can book through joint training.
Attendance and participation in activities will gain you a CPD certificate.
For more information on the above course, please do contact Dawn Shanahan on the following email address, or call the number below.