- Brief therapies focus on: developing safety; increasing stabilisation; and building skills and knowledge rather than focusing on the trauma itself.
- Pre-Trial Counselling is offered to people who have reported a sexual assault to the police. Our aim is to support you in developing coping strategies, building self-esteem and confidence while the investigation and court processes are ongoing.
- LINK Counselling is a specialist counselling service for family members, parents, carers, partners and loved ones. Our aim is to help you understand the possible effect of the sexual assault on the survivor, but also to support you with any difficult feelings that you may be experiencing.
- Crisis Counselling is a fast track service that is offered in the immediate aftermath of a sexual assault for clients who have attended and been referred by The Sexual Assault Referral Centre (S.A.R.C.) at The Glade.
- Stabilisation Counselling focuses on helping people to develop the skills, knowledge and resources that increase safety and build confidence.
- Axis Trauma Therapy – Axis offers a pre-planned trauma counselling programme, aimed at helping you to overcome the effects of your past trauma, and to understand how this may be affecting your thoughts, feelings and behaviours today; allowing you to take control of your life.
We work with you on a one to one basis, understanding the importance of taking time to build a trusting therapeutic relationship, and helping you to develop coping strategies so that you can engage in the counselling process safely.
We have male and female counsellors to enable a choice about the gender of your therapist.
Training and Qualifications
All Axis counsellors are qualified and hold a professional qualification in counselling.
Axis counsellors are specifically trained to work with sexual trauma via induction training and as part of our continued professional development programme (CPD).
As well as specialising in working with sexual trauma, we also have counsellors who are specifically trained to work with:
- Children & Young people
- People with Learning Disabilities
All counsellors receive regular clinical supervision, and line management supervision and hold a DBS certificate.
Axis is an organisational member of BACP and abide by their Code of Ethics and Practice. BACP Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions
If you have any questions regarding Axis counsellors training and qualifications, please email firstname.lastname@example.org