Trainer (within Complex Care Pathfinder service supporting adult survivors of Sexual Abuse)
Closing date: Noon on Monday 9th October 2023
Interviews: Thursday 19th October 2023 for those shortlisted
If you have not heard anything by close of play on Friday 13th October, you will not have been successful in reaching the interview stage, on this occasion.
Download Job Description
Trainer Application Form
Axis Counselling is a charity which has been supporting survivors of sexual abuse for 30 years. We support adults and children aged from 5 years and over, plus family members and loved ones. We currently provide services via our three departments: Counselling; Independent Sexual Violence Advisor (ISVA) Service; and Training.
We are delighted to be able to offer a new service from November 2023 through a Complex Care Pathfinder.
Complex Care Pathfinder overview
This post is one of several roles working within a Complex Care Pathfinder, a 2-year project in which Axis is working in partnership with the NHS, to support adult survivors of sexual assault and abuse, with complex trauma related mental health or social needs, across Shropshire, Telford, and Wrekin.
There are roles within this project that would suit candidates with experience in Counselling, training, group delivery/ facilitation, advocacy, and/ or have experience in working with survivors of sexual abuse or have experience working with clients who have complex mental health needs. Other backgrounds would also be beneficial to some of the roles.
We are looking for individuals who can not only fulfil the requirements of their individual job roles but can also work together to create and deliver the new pathways intended by the project, in a way that best meets the needs of survivors.
This is an exciting opportunity to shape the future of support for this client group.
All posts will start on 1st November 2023 and are fixed term for 2 years (with potential to extend dependent on funding).
To work within a new Complex Care Pathfinder (CCP) project, in collaboration with statutory and non-statutory partners. To develop and provide training to professionals on the topic of sexual violence and abuse to raise awareness and train so that survivors experience a better response from professionals they encounter in their care pathway.
• Create packages of learning suitable for delivery to professionals which is trauma informed.
• Create packages of learning suitable for online delivery
• Identify targeted groups of professionals to create specific packages of learning for, having identified the needs.
• Deliver education, training and awareness raising to professionals using a range of styles of delivery.
• Attend awareness raising events to raise awareness of Axis, the Complex Care Pathfinder, and Sexual Abuse
• Work pro-actively from direct feedback from clients to target local areas of need for education, training or awareness raising to help the recovery of clients in service.
• Create a method of monitoring and evaluating the impact of the education, training and awareness raising for evaluative purposes and funding reports.
• Support management with funding bids, when requested.
• Produce promotional material for the pathfinder training.
Please note that only vacancies made using the application form on our website and including a supporting statement in section 9 of the application, will be considered.